From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
Call For Papers: The Palestine Yearbook of International Law
Call for papers (Volume XX)
The Palestine Yearbook of International Law is now inviting submissions of scholarly articles for publication for Volume XX (2017). This is a general call for papers, but the Yearbook would particularly welcome submissions that focus on the themes associated with three anniversaries that will be marked in 2017 and which are relevant to Palestine. These are the 100 year anniversary of the Balfour Declaration, the 70 year anniversary of the UN Plan of Partition for Palestine, and the 50th anniversary of the occupation of the West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem. As always, the editors also encourage the submission of scholarly pieces of relevance to public international law in general, including but not necessarily in relation to Palestine.
The Yearbook is published in the English language, is edited at Birzeit University’s Institute of Law (Birzeit, Palestine), and published by Martinus Nijhoff Publishers (The Hague, The Netherlands). The Editor-in-Chief of the Yearbook is Mr. Ardi Imseis.
Abstracts should include a working title, with a preliminary outline of the author’s research and arguments, along with a current CV.
Important dates and contact information
Prospective authors should express interest by e-mailing an abstract (of under 750 words) of the suggested paper as indicated above, along with a CV by 15 March 2017. If full manuscripts are available by that date, prospective authors should feel free to send those instead by that date. All submissions should be made to:
- Mr. Ardi Imseis: email@example.com;
- Mr. Jamil Salem: firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Mr. Ata Hindi: email@example.com.
For more on the Palestine Yearbook of International Law, se:
Recent Posts by Jadaliyya Reports
- Call for Papers -- Freedom of Speech and Higher Education: The Case of the Academic Boycott of Israel Apr 28 2017
- Multi-Campus Event: Three UC Schools Observe the 50th Anniversary of the 1967 War (28 April) Apr 27 2017
- GCHR Report: Oman - Internal Security Service Continues Systematic Targeting of Human Rights Defenders and Internet Activists Apr 26 2017
- Berkeley Event--6 Days, 50 Years: 1967 and the Politics of Time (28 April 2017) Apr 25 2017
About the Photography Page
The photography page aims to provide a space for reflection on photography in its various forms and uses in the Middle East. We showcase the work of photographers active in the region and cultivate critical thinking about photographic practices, representations, and history. The page publishes photo essays, articles, interviews, reviews and more. It also provides information on photographic archives, agencies, and institutions, exhibits, events, and publications.